Medication Management Service
Feeling helpless in managing your medications? Being worried about their potential side effects? We believe that these are situations commonly faced by patients who are on chronic medications as well as their caregivers.
In light of this, Health In Action is now providing professional medication management service. Through regular consultations and follow-ups, Pharmacists will assist patients and their caregivers to more holistically take charge of their medication therapy and own health. Hand in hand, our Pharmacists will walk with you and guide you through the medication issues encountered. With optimized regimen and enhanced knowledge, you can be the own master of your health too!
Pharmacists will walk with you and guide you through the medication
You can be the Own Master of Your Health
In 2020, Health In Action and the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, The University of Hong Kong co-organised Primary Care Medication Management Service and launched the pilot service and research project.
We would also like to express our utmost gratitude towards Kerry Group for being our strategic partner and sponsor on this initiative.
Aims of Service
Targeting community patients with chronic medications and their caregiver(s), this service aims to:
- Provide medication management service to promote medication safety
- Enhance ability in self-managements of health and disease
Strategic Partner and Sponsor
This service targets patients who are concurrently taking 5 or more chronic medications and fulfil any one of the following criteria:
- Recent change(s) in drug regimen
- Prescribed with new or high-risk medications
- Cannot accurately follow administration instructions on drug labels
- Chronic diseases or conditions are not well-controlled
Through face-to-face consultations or teleconsultations, registered pharmacists will provide assessment, recommendations and follow-up on participants’ medication therapies and disease status during the service. Together with participants and/or their caregiver(s), we will:
- Compile a comprehensive and updated medication list
- Review your medication therapy, including the indication(s), side effect profile and precaution(s) of each drug
- Explore the features of your new or high-risk medications
- Formulate action plans to better self-manage your health and medications
In addition, participants can also obtain timely supports via our Pharmacist hotline. Duration of each service session will depend on the needs of individual participant.
- Application via online enrolment form: https://forms.gle/ngQSffCo8ZreLvA8A
- We will contact applicant once we recieve the application
- Our Pharmacist will meet you according to your preferred mode to provide medication management service, compile medication list and formulate action plans with you in the first service session.
- Based on mutual needs, participants and Pharmacist can initiate to arrange subsequent follow-up sessions. Participants can also obtain timely assistance via our Pharmacist Hotline.
Depending on the residing district and needs of our participants, our service can either be conducted online or Health In Action Community Pharmacy (Kwai Hing).
Application via online enrolment form: https://forms.gle/ngQSffCo8ZreLvA8A