Health In Action provides all-rounded healthcare management services with an approach of both individual and family healthcare management.
We provide services targeting common chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, “three highs” and chronic pain. Our services include nurse clinics, community pharmacy with pharmacists giving advice on medication and consultation, evaluation for muscle pain and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) assessment, weight management and training for community health ambassadors. We organise workshops and discussion groups on health issues regularly, as well as other support, such as medical subsidy and referral.
We firmly believe that everyone has the right to achieve a healthy state regardless of occupation, wealth, gender, race, living environment and education. Based on this belief, HIA actively develops, co-operates and executes primary healthcare by the approach of “symbiotic community health,” aiming to let health be the core values of every discipline and improve social factors that affect people’s health. Through frontline services and connections with various social groups, we investigate the health needs and implement interactive and diversified activities, as well as implementing different society development projects and research based on public health and social needs.
Our services target on:
- low-income working families and their family members (members of “Kwai Tsing Community Health Management Hub”)
- low-income people aged 55 or above
- Organisations interested in designing primary healthcare services
- Health assessment and professional consultation
- Nurse clinic, medical and health record enquiries and referral
- Consultation and referral on medical and social resources
- Risks assessment on Three Highs and Osteoporosis (Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperlipidemia and Osteoporosis)
- Community nutrition education and weight management
- Family nutrition consultation and meal planning
- Nursing evaluation and health management for chronic diseases (such as Diabetes Mellitus, fatty liver and gout)
- Minor ailment management: professional advices, utilising over-the-counter treatment – Targeting on symptoms of minor ailment, for example, cold, flu, upset stomach, mild Dermatitis, sensitive skin, wound care, pharmacist and nurses provide free-of-charge preliminary assessments and advice and dispense over-the-counter medicines when necessary, or refer to the doctor accordingly.
- Practising physical and mental well-being
- Chronic diseases (Three-Hypers and DEXA) management
- Stress management
- Green prescription
- Weight management focus group
Healthy dieting habits can reduce the chance of having chronic diseases. Our community registered dietitians and nutritionists help our members develop healthy dieting literacy through diversified services, improving their capability in practising a healthy way of life.
- Nutritional Assessment and education
- Weight management support group and bodybuilding and fitness services
- Family nutrition consultation and meal planning
- Community nutrition volunteers training
- Regular workshops on different topics surrounding healthy dieting
Scope of Funding (referred by public healthcare services): physical checkup, mental health services, medical devices needed for the treatment of diseases and self-financed drugs prescripted by doctors.
Current service target:
- low-income working families and their family members in Kwai Tsing District
Medical subsidy guideline and application form (In Chinese version only)
Please contact us if you have any enquiries
Registered physiotherapists provide assistance to members in the community to undergo pain relief treatment, improving their repair of soft tissues and restore joint functioning. For chronic pain patients, registered physiotherapists will specifically teach them exercise and stretching to strengthen physical capacity and give them advice on improvement. This will help them reduce the risks of strain because of work and daily life, ensuring the sustainability of therapeutic effect.
- Chronic pain patients
- Employers and employees whose work requires manual handling operations or repetitive movements
Scope of Services
- Pain assessment, relief and follow-up
- Pain prevention and management support group
- Pain relief treatment and guidance on exercising
- Outreaching services: Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) assessment for home and working places (Employers are welcome to contact us if you have any enquiries)
- Consultation on Physiotherapy
Eligible persons can receive professional pain relief services from $50 (subsidised price) and participate in diseases and pain management groups and sports classes which are free-of-charge.
#Eligible members can apply for medical subsidies.
Supervised by registered pharmacists with non-profit operation, this service aims to provide medicines and medical devices to the public with reasonable prices and reliable sources. By providing personalised health management guidance, talks on proper use of drugs and works on community health education, the knowledge and technique on self-care and drug use of the public can be improved.
Community Medication Dispensing Services – all-rounded consultation service and use the drugs wisely –
Our community pharmacy provides over-the-counter and prescribed medicines with reasonable prices, including self-financed drugs of Hospital Authority; certain medicines are covered by the subsidy scheme so as to alleviate financial burden of the patients. Pharmacists will explain use of medication and provide free-of-charge guidance on medication, assisting patients and caregivers to improve their knowledge and techniques in medication.
Medical Devices – acquiring skills for using them with professional guidance
Our community pharmacy provides purchase of various medical devices, such as blood pressure monitors, blood glucose metres, test strips, spacer chambers and compression stockings. Pharmacists will provide free-of-charge guidance, assisting patients and carers improve customers’ techniques in using them.
- Community Pharmacy management – be the own master of your health
Pharmacists provide assessments on medication and consultation services, as well as compiling a comprehensive and updated medication list together with people with chronic medications and their caregivers, reviewing medication therapy, including the indications, side effect profile and precautions of each drug, and formulate action plans to better manage your health and medications.
This service is free-of-charge and open for appointment. For more information, please visit the website of Health In Action Community Pharmacy.