Brief Description of Health In Action:
Health In Action (HIA) is a humanitarian organization with the vision to eliminate health inequity in
societies. Our team comprises of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals and we aspire to drive
social change through cycles of service, research, and advocacy. We believe health is a fundamental
human right and provide support based on health needs, irrespective of race, religion, gender or
The primary role of the community physiotherapist is to be part of the allied health team of
HIA to deploy primary and preventive care works for achieving health equity of vulnerable
1. To take up advocacy works on health equity and scope related to physiotherapy services in
community arranged by organization.
2. To be caring, passionate, proactive, innovative with good communication skills.
Report to Centre Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To work as member of HIA community health team composed of nurses, social worker, dietitian, pharmacist, professional volunteers and community health ambassadors.
2. Evaluate, implement treatment plan and provide physiotherapy treatment for HIA members and served clients in the Hub and outreach setting mainly for musculoskeletal condition and chronic pain.
3. Deliver occupational health assessment, training and relevant supports for HIA members, NGOs and other community groups, employers and employees in Kwai Tsing, Health enhancement programmes including but not limited to workshops and educational talk to Hub members, NGO partners or other collaborating parties (e.g. Fall Prevention, Weight Management, Disease Prevention and management…etc).
4. To promote and develop more roles of community physiotherapist with transdisciplinary model with a holistic care approach.
5. To take up and/or assist in research related to community physiotherapy services.
6. To be on shift and weekend / public holidays duties as required;
7. To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Centre Manager / Chairman of HIA.
1. Degree holder in Physiotherapy or equivalent.
2. Holder of Certificate of Registration (Part 1a) with valid practicing certificate issued by
Physiotherapists Board of Hong Kong.
3. Post graduate qualification / Cert. in Acupuncture is an advantage.
4. Solid working experience in community or NGO is an advantage.
5. Minimum 2 years or above relevant experience.
6. Well communicated and open to working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
7. Proficiency in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Application Deadline: 12 Nov 2019
Please send your application with expected salary to:
Room 901-902, Millennium Trade Centre, 54-56 Kwai Cheong Road, H.K.
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.